How can physio therapy help?
In physio therapy, trained professionals evaluate and treat abnormal physical function related to, for example, an injury, disability, disease or condition.
A physio therapist is a trained and licensed medical professional with experience in diagnosing physical abnormalities, restoring physical function and mobility, maintaining physical function, and promoting physical activity and proper function.
What to expect?
At Access Health Centre Clinic, our certified and trained therapists take care of our patients in all phases of healing, from initial diagnosis through the restorative and preventive stages of recovery.
When a patient comes to a Access Health Centre Clinic, they can expect to:
- Undergo an evaluation, including a health history and certain testing procedures, including evaluation of posture, movement and flexibility, and of muscle and joint motion and performance
- Receive a clinical diagnosis, plan of care and short and long term goals
- Receive physio therapy treatment and intervention based on the therapist’s evaluation and diagnosis
- Receive self-management recommendations
At Access Health Centre Clinic, our professional therapists can treat a wide variety of medical conditions, depending on their specialty.
Some conditions that can benefit from this type of treatment are:
- Therapy for conditions such as Frozen Shoulder, Arthritis, Strains, Whiplash and Postural problems.
- Musculoskeletal dysfunction such as back pain, neck pain and joint pain
- Pediatric conditions such as developmental delays, and muscular dystrophy.
- Sports-related injuries, such as concussion and Tennis Elbow
Other cases that may benefit include burns, wound care, and diabetic ulcers.
Benefits of physio therapy
Depending on the reason for treatment, the benefits of physical therapy include:
- Pain management
- Avoiding surgery
- Improved mobility and movement
- Recovery from injury or trauma
- Recovery from stroke or paralysis
- Fall prevention
- Improved balance
- Management of age-related medical problems
At Access Health Centre Clinic, our Physiotherapist can help an athlete to maximize their performance through strengthening specific parts of the body and using muscles in new ways.
A healthcare provider or physical therapist can advise individuals about the benefits specific to their personal medical history and their need for treatment.